Saturday, August 29, 2009

untitled 1

i'm on shaky stilts
and the ground beckons me to fall
down to where you are
back to where i start
the end
what arms will carry me if this is it
"this has got to happen"
"its for the best"
"... because i'm better"
i'm at it again
derailed
following your trail
but these bread crumbs mean disaster
i guess it had to happen...


there's a garden in me -
my pedals have fallen
and my tulips have turned
the vines have taken me
the Sun has left my sight
my iris eyes have wilted
my rose lips have spoiled
my soil no longer breathes
for these waters have gone
they left my roots to ruin
crippled by my desires
my limbs barren
my stalks stricken with illness
my fruit has fallen early
Life has forsaken it
forsaken me
taken by weeds and beetles
my failure was found by his hands
one has cut me down
the other has caught my chaff

p. farris

No comments:

Post a Comment